Texas Whitewater Seniors Activities are organizing a server days long program where The following events and programs will be offered by the seniors in the park during the week of February 13:
At the Cinema! (Tuesday, Feb. 14, 1 p.m.) View the Biography “Ta’r.” Lydia Ta’r, the Berlin Philharmonic’s chief conductor, is one of the world’s most acclaimed musicians. She has written music for the theatre, film, and television. What happens when a world-renowned artist is suffocated by fame, obligations, society, and her own personal expectations?
Series on American history: (Wednesdays, Feb. 1-22 at 1 p.m.) Dr. Haney will be giving engaging and informative seminars. This month’s topic will be the first ladies. This will take place both in person and virtually. The zoom link can be obtained by calling 262-473-0535.
Old Time Radio (February 16, 1 p.m.): Please let us know if you have any show suggestions. While listening to the stories, we will also engage in a few activities. To pre-register, please call 262-473-0535.
Memory screen event: Memory screen appointments will be available on Tuesday, February 14. A memory screen is a health tool that can detect abnormalities in memory and cognition. Appointments are 15 minutes long and begin at 9:30 a.m. Call Jake Sawyers, Dementia Care Specialist at the ADRC of Walworth County, at 262-741-3273 to schedule an appointment.
Seniors in the Park will have an informative First Aid Class on Wednesday, Feb. 15, from 1-3 p.m. This is not a training course. The course will be taught by a Red Cross-trained instructor. To register, please call 262-473-0535.
Seniors in the Park office will be closed on Wednesdays during the month of February. Programs will continue as planned. If you have any questions, please call 262-473-0535.
Check out our other news articles:
- Winter Storm Warning Still In Effect For Kerrville
- Texas Teacher Pension Fund Cut Its Ties With Companies That Were Allegedly Boycotting The Oil And Gas Sector
Opportunities for travel: Adults of all ages are invited on vacations. Itineraries can be obtained by phoning or emailing the center. You’ll have a fantastic time while also raising funds for our programs.
Southern Harmony—February 26–March 3, 2023, Visit New Orleans’ French Quarter.
French Riviera and Provence—March 21–28, 2023 Nice, France, hotel for 6 nights. Aix-en-Provence (city of art and light). In Nice, shop, visit museums, or relax by the sea. Visit San Remo, Italy.
Texas Cowboy Country April 16–24, 2023 Oklahoma City to Kerrville to Fort Worth. Visit the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum, National Pacific War Museum, and others. See the “Drovers” bring in their Texas Longhorns at the historic Fort Worth Stockyards. Mayflower Tours
Explore Scotland July 9-18, 2023. Try bagpiping, see a sheepdog demonstration, and eat Scottish food. Explore the Highlands’ untouched scenery.
July 25–August 6, 2023: Noordam Alaska Cruise Visit Fairbanks and take a Riverboat Discovery narrated trip at Old Chena village.
Fire and Ice Iceland 16–22 August 2023 Hveragerdi for 5 nights.
September 24-October 2, 2023: Painted Canyons of West Utah’s five national parks feature dienna-colored canyons, towering spires, and arid vistas.
Rockin’ Respite needs an activity leader for one or two days a month in the morning or afternoon. There will be training, a nurse, and a volunteer for each guest. Make a fun, busy day for guests by singing, playing games, doing art projects, or cooking. Call 262-473-0535 if interested.
many fun full and informative activities will be organized. we have listed down every activity that will happen there in a list below.
- FUN’ctional Fitness (hybrid)—at 9:30 a.m. on Mondays and Thursdays (fee).
- Yoga (hybrid)—10 a.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Monday through Friday, 8 to 11 a.m. and 12:30 to 2:30 p.m., at the Downtown Armory.
- Indoor Walking—at 9 a.m. on Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Most Fridays at 10 a.m., there is a sewing group.
- Mondays at 11 a.m., Warblers.
- Book Club meets every first Monday at 11 a.m. Starin Park has books for sale.
- Bingo is held every first, second, and fourth Tuesday at 10 a.m.
- Canasta—Mondays at 1 p.m., first and third.
- Pegs and Jokers—Monday, the third, at 9:30 a.m.
- Mondays at 1 p.m., Mah Jongg.
- Tuesdays at 12:30 p.m. in Sheepshead.
- State Senator From Texas Is Arrested For Drunk Driving
- Tanner Hoang Skipped For Silver Taps Ceremony In February
More information: For more information or to sign up for any classes, activities or trips call 262-473-0535 or checkout dailyunion.com.
And keep following our website kerrvillebreakingnews.com for more such articles.